Tuesday 6 December 2016

Blogmas Day 6: Hot Drinks

Salted caramel cappuccino
Hot drinks are one of my FAVOURITE things about Christmas and the winter season. Costa is usually my go-to place for hot chocolate and this is where I went for my first hot chocolate of the year. I ordered the toasted marshmallow hot chocolate which I was super excited to try and although the hot chocolate was as good as always I was disappointed to find only a few marshmallows on top and wasn't sure it was worth paying the extra. However a drink I do love from the Costa Christmas menu is the salted- caramel cappuccino. I think cappuccino's are perfect for long Christmas shopping or Christmas market trips as I really do find the caffeine gives me a boost when I'm starting to flag. The salted caramel is simply delicious as it gives the coffee a slightly sweeter flavour. Another Christmas drink i'd recommend is the caramel late from MacDonalds (can you tell I have a sweet tooth?) and MacDonalds have also got the cutest take- away cups this year, possibly even nicer than Starbucks!

Homemade hot chocolate
I also love having a hot chocolate when I get home after being out in the cold. At the moment I have Cadbury's hot chocolate powder but I usually just buy whichever brand is on offer. I heat the milk in the microwave for 90 seconds. Then I add 2 teaspoons of hot chocolate powder, the jar says to add 3 but personally I like my hot chocolate's creamy and not too chocolatey. Most people add squirty cream to hot chocolate but I like adding double cream because then the cream mixes with the hot chocolate instead of just sitting on top. Finally I add a few marshmallows to finish it off.

Christmas Wishes,

Maya x
Little Miss Organisation





No comments:

Post a Comment