Saturday 3 December 2016

Blogmas Day 3: Fantastic Beasts and Christmas Food Shop

For day 3 of Blogmas I thought I would do a day-in-the-life style post. This morning I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (but don't worry no spoilers) with my family before I go back to university tomorrow. I know it came out 2 weeks ago but honestly going to the cinema is just so expensive, even for a student ticket and in the run up to Christmas I just couldn't afford to go until I came home (aka the bank of mum and dad paid). I was a bit apprehensive about the idea of another film based on the Harry Potter world because I grew up watching and reading Harry Potter and I was sceptical whether anything would able to live up to that. It was a good film and I did enjoy it but felt as though the story was a bit more childish than the Harry Potter films, although maybe I have just grown up. I was also slightly disappointed in that the story-line was a bit less realistic than Harry Potter.  Part of my love for Harry Potter was the fact that it brought magic to life and it really did make the Wizarding World a realistic posibility, whereas Fantastic Beasts seemed a bit less realistic. Despite all my criticism's I did really enjoy the film, I watched it in 2D but think it would be amazing in 3D but I remain unconvinced that it is as good as the Harry Potter.

After the cinema we went to ASDA to do our Christmas food shop. Buying all the food for our Christmas dinner and Christmas chocolates, biscuits and of course alcohol always puts me in the festive spirit and it was lovely to go as a family. Since I was feeling Christmassy I came home and had hot chocolate and plan on spending the evening watching Strictly Come Dancing, The X Factor and I'm A Celebrity- all programs which remind me of Christmas. So all in all I have had a lovely family day and going back to uni tomorrow for exams will certainly be a reality check!

Christmas Wishes,

Maya x
Little Miss Organisation


No comments:

Post a Comment